Who We Are
Headquartered in Baton Rouge with offices in Lafayette, Covington and New Orleans, Louisiana Healthcare Connections is a Healthy Louisiana Medicaid health plan. Since our founding in 2012, we have grown into the state’s largest Medicaid health plan while working diligently to transform health in Louisiana, one person at a time.
Working for a Healthier Louisiana
- 700+ full-time Louisiana employees – largest in-state operations of all MCOs – with an average salary of $67,763 (compared to a statewide average of $41,260)
- Five offices across south Louisiana with dozens of community-based employees statewide
- 100% of executive leadership are Louisiana residents
- $207 million local financial impact (wages, benefits, taxes, property and state municipal bonds)
- 27,000+ in-network doctors, specialists and other healthcare providers
- 450,000+ members statewide
- #1 in provider satisfaction (Louisiana Department of Health Provider Satisfaction Survey, 2018)
- #1 in quality ratings (Louisiana Department of Health External Quality Reviews, 2019)
- #1 in member satisfaction (Louisiana Department of Health Managed Care Transparency Report, 2017)
- 300+ community partnerships with schools, non-profits, churches and other organizations across the state
- $6.4 million in grant funding and charitable giving since 2012 to programs working to address health, quality of life, education and youth development statewide
The Power of Purpose.
Louisiana Healthcare Connections continues its commitment to supporting the state we call home. These reports are snapshots of our involvement in and our impact on the communities in which we live and work. Our approach remains individual, familiar and personal. And our mission to improve Louisiana’s health, one person at a time, continues to guide our efforts. Because Louisiana’s health is our purpose.